SONGWRITERS RESOURCE NETWORK
Songwriters Resource Network is a trusted news and education resource for songwriters, song lyricists and music composers everywhere.
The mission of Songwriters Resource Network is to empower
songwriters with reliable insight abd information on
all aspects of the songwriting process, including lyric
writing, music composition and song publishing.
SRN provides a wide range of tips and educational articles
to help aspiring songwriters improve their craft, discover
songwriting opportunities, find music industry contacts,
and ultimately succeed in the music business.
Songwriters Resource Network provides:
- Helpful articles on the craft and business of songwriting
- Networking opportunities to help songwriters open doors in the music business
- Events to promote the art of songwriting, lyric writing and music composition
WHO WE ARE:
Songwriters Resource Network is supported by established pro songwriters, song publishers, recording artists, music producers and music-industry professionals. These individuals generously supports nonprofit organizations for songwriters, and each shares their songwriting expertise and experience to help promising and talented songwriters. (SRN Mission Statement)
Songwriters Resource Network is a free educational resource for songwriters, lyricists and composers.
No membership is required.
WHAT YOU'LL FIND:
- Helpful tips on how to write songs and market your songs. Educational articles on lyric writing and song writing.
- Hundreds of music-industry contacts, including song publishers looking for great songs, music and lyrics.
- Free Forum for songwriters seeking music producers
and song publishers
- Free Forum for songwriters, lyricists and music
composers seeking connections in the music business
- Tips and articles on how to get your songs heard. Advice on how to connect with song publishers
- How to find opportunities in film, television and
- How to copyright songs and copyright music.
- How to find songwriting and music publishing opportunities
- How to find song writing partners, song publishers, music producers and recording artists
- Opportunities to get your songs heard: Recommended
songwriting contests, lyric writing contests and instrumental
competitions for music composers
MARKETING YOUR SONGS:
Songwriters Resource Network provides educational tools to help motivated songwriters find success in the music business.
The actual work of promoting your music and marketing your songs, however, is up to you! No one is likely to undertake the demanding job of marketing songs for songwriters who lack avbasic understanding of how the music business works.
Songwriters must be willing to market their own songs to be successful.
THE BOTTOM LINE:
Talent and developed songwriting skills are necessary to achieve success as a songwriter, a lyricist or a music composer. In addition, educating yourself on the music business, building a support network, and learning ways to market your songs are equally important.
Take time to look around this website. Study articles that relate to your specific interests in songwriting. Learn about song publishing and the music business. Take advantage of the many opportunities to network with other songwriters, musicians, lyricists and music composers.
Then reach out to people who can help you. Find opportunities to show your songs. Let people know your songwriting goals. Listen to suggestions. Learn from feedback you receive.
If you want to be a professional songwriter, invest as much time and energy to songwriting as you would to any other profession. After all, it's no easier to become a songwriter than it is to become a teacher, mechanic, dental hygienist or pilot. Each requires applied study, aptitude and commitment.
Finally, whether you write songs for your own personal enjoyment or for professional ambitions, your musical voice and your songs are uniquely your own. Only you can give them life.
"If music be the food of love, play on." William Shakespeare